IPL is used to permanently reduce unwanted hair and improve many skin conditions. Such conditions as age spots, sun spots, freckles, superficial capillaries and other unsightly discolouration of the skin can be eliminated using this technology. IPL is also incredibly effective for those of us who suffer from Rosacea and can even stimulate fibroblast causing increased collagen production in your skin for a more natural, lively, healthier looking you!
A fully trained therapist will apply a specially designed hand piece to your skin and generate an intense pulse of light which will be absorbed by targets in your skin. The light delivered from the hand piece is delivered at high intensity during a very short period of time. It is this rapid discharge of light that provides the high energy levels required for each IPL treatment to be effective!
Dermabliss trained therapists offer a range of cost effective and professional treatments including:
• Permanent hair reduction
• The elimination of sun spots, freckles and other skin discoloration• Removal of vascular lesions• Skin rejuvenation
• Acne reduction
• Most people can have IPL treatment
• Your trained therapist should be able to determine your suitability
• Consult your Dr if you are not sure
• People who have been tanning or have dark skin may be at higher risk
• No skin desensitization is required
• You may feel a slight level of discomfort with each application
• This will reduce as the area being treated responds to the therapy
• Short term effects are possible
• Redness can occur in the area being treated
• This will disappear soon after the treatment
• Generally you can return to normal activities straight after
• A minimum of 2 weeks is required before exposure to sunlight
• Permanent hair reduction: 8 – 10 treatments, spaced 2 – 8 weeks apart
• Sun spot reduction: 4 – 6 treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart
• Vascular lesions: 4 – 6 treatments, spaced 2 weeks apart
• Skin rejuvenation: 4 – 6 treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart
• Acne treatments: may be ongoing weekly or fortnightly
Your Intense Pulsed Light treatment takes around the same amount of time as a wax treatment for the same area. The first visit will be around 30 minutes to perform as we need to do a patch test and ask you some questions.
IPL targets the hair compound called melanin, this give hair the colour (pigmentation). Melanin is most prevalent in hair during the early-anagen phase of hair growth, and hairs in this stage of growth are the ones most responsive to Intense Pulsed Light. Ongoing treatments are needed to catch each hair as it passes through this early-anagen stage of development, that may result due to hormonal fluctuations though out your life-time.
This simple reason for this is due to the high acquisition cost of machines, maintenance and the materials used during these treatments, are also very costly. However, when you consider the cost of waxing over the years, in addition to the time it takes out of your busy day – the benefits outweigh the initial upfront cost